1. welcome to sp →歡迎到某地
E.g. Welcome to China.
2. What’s the matter with sb./ sth? →
E.g. what’s the matter with your watch?
3. be different from →與---不同
Eg. The weather in Beijing is different from that of Nanjing.
4. be the same as →與……相同
Eg. His trousers are the same as mine.
5. be friendly to sb. →對某人友好
Eg. Mr. Wang is very friendly to us.
6. want to do sth. →想做某事
Eg. I want to go to school.
7. want sb. to do sth. →想讓某人做某事
Eg. I want my son to go to school.
8. what to do →做什麼
Eg. We don’t know what to do next.
9. let sb. do sth. 讓→某人做某事
Eg. Let him enter the room.
10. let sb. not do sth. →讓某人不做某人
Eg. Let him not stand in the rain.
11. why don’t you do sth? →怎麼不做某事呢?
Eg. Why don’t you play football with us?
12. why not do sth.? →怎麼不做某事呢?
Eg. Why not play football with us?
13. make sb. sth. →為某人制造某物 =
Eg. My father made me a kite.
14. make sth for sb. →為某人制造某物
Eg. My father made a kite for me.
15. What …mean by …?→做……是什麼意思?
Eg. What do you mean by doing that?
16. like doing sth. →喜愛做某事
Eg. Jim likes swimming.
17. like to do sth. →喜愛做某事
Eg. He doesn’t like to swim now.
18. feel like doing sth. →想做某事
Eg. I feel like eating bananas.
19. would like to do sth. →願意做某事
Eg. Would you like to go rowing with me?
20. would like sb. to do sth. →願意某人做某事
Eg. I’d like you to stay with me tonight.
21. make sb. do sth. →逼使某人做某事
Eg. His brother often makes him stay in the sun.
22. let sb. do sth. →讓某人做某事
Eg. Let me sing a song for you.
23. have sb. do sth. →使某人做某事
Eg. You shouldn’t have the students work so hard.
24. be far from sp→離某地遠
Eg. His school is far from his home.
25. be near to sp→離某地近
Eg. The hospital is near to the post office.
26. be good at sth./doing sth. →
Eg. We are good at English. They are good at boating.
27. It takes sb. some time to do sth. →某人花多少時間做某事
Eg. It took me more than a year to learn to draw a beautiful horse in five minutes.
28. sb. spends some time/money in doing sth. →某人花多少時間做某事 Eg. I spent twenty years in writing the novel.
29. sb. spends some time/money on sth. →某事花了某人多少時間/金錢 Eg. Jim spent 1000 yuan on the bike.
30. sth. costs sb. some money. → 某物花了某人多少錢
Eg. The bike cost Jim 1000 yuan.
31. sb. pays some money for sth. →某人為某物付了多少錢
Eg. Jim paid 1000 yuan for the bike.
32. begin/start with sth. →開始做某事
Eg. The started the meeting with a song.
33. be going to do sth. →打算做某事
Eg. We are going to study in Japan.
34. call A B →叫A B
Eg. They called the village Gumtree.
35. thank sb. for sth./doing sth. →感謝某人做某事
Eg. Thank you for your help. Thank you for helping me.
36. What ……for? →為什麼
Eg. What do you learn English for?
37. How/ what about doing sth. ?→做某事怎麼樣?
Eg. How about going fishing?
38. S +be+ the+最高階+of/in短語 Eg. Lucy is the tallest in her class.
39. S + be +比較級+than any other + n.
Eg. Lucy is taller than any other student in her class.
40. have to do sth. →不得不做某事
Eg. I have to go home now.