From<
第一季,第十七集雙胞胎兩部曲The one with two parts-part
第一部分:Words:
medication治療 insurance保險 definitely當然 fraud欺詐,騙子 idiot笨蛋 downfiled前場 sprain扭傷 insane瘋子 crime犯罪 scary嚇人 nickname暱稱 tomato番茄
Prune李子 grab抓住 fist手指,拳頭 squeeze wuss不爭氣 altar聖堂 selfish自私 uptown上城區 shoplift偷東西 condom保險套 nutsy著迷 signature簽名 form表格 swallow吐了 scrabble tile字母表
Bridge橋下
第二部分:Oral English
In case ofemergency....緊急聯繫人
And so i justheave it downfield....所以我只好傳球
You’r the oneof the most caring,responsible men in North America....你是全美最細心,最有責任感的男人
What are theodds of that happening?怎麼會有這麼巧的事情發生呢?
You take yourtime...慢慢來
You can take abreak....你可以休息一下了...
I donot wannascrew it up with Ursula...我不想讓烏蘇拉不開心啊....
You’d bestaring at the end of a hissy fit....我就跟你沒完沒了
It’s likereturning to the scene of the crime...我們這樣不是回到了犯罪現場....
I say we blowoff the dates....我覺得還是取消約會吧
What hell areyou doing? You scared the crap out of me....你們都幹什麼了,把我嚇死了
Come on,she’llbe here any minute...快,她隨時會到
Get out of myoffice...滾出我教室
I wasn’t aroundthat much...is that what this about?我當時不經常在家,這就是你找我的目的?
We can make upfor that...我們可以去彌補...
How could weresist?我們怎麼能夠抗拒呢?
It’s feeling alot better....感覺好多了
Relax,take a look around...別緊張,看看四周....
You act like aprincess...你嬌生慣養....
Everyday youare becoming more and more like your mother...你愈來愈像你媽媽了
Mostly beacusei get to boss people around,which i just love to do....因為我喜歡指使別人
Oh,god,i am sospoiled...我真是受寵壞了
I shoplift...我偷東西
I used to wetmy bed....我以前尿床..
I use mybreasts to get people’s attention....我用胸部吸引別人的注意力
There’ssomething i’ve been meaning to tell you...有些話我一直想告訴你
His fathertried to put you out of business!他爸想害你倒閉
You are dead...你死定了....
What do we do?我們該怎麼辦呢?
Your sisterstood me up....你妹妹放我鴿子
You got aminute?有空嗎?
What is thedeal with you and joey...你和喬伊之間呢?
He’s reallynusty about you...他對你確實很著迷
I’am gonna payfor this with a check...我要用支票付賬
You know yourinsurance will cover that?你不知道你的保險會付嗎?
Do you have apoint?你這話的重點呢?
You’ve got tohelp me!你一定要幫我...
Please,please,havea heart...請..有點愛心
I don’t get it...whathappened?我不懂,你怎麼了
Would you stophanging out with her?你願意不和她來往嗎?
It’s either heror me...不是她就是我
You’re reallyhard to get over....確實很難結束....
第三部分,Extra Contribution
選自:教育在線
Americanslove pets. And it's not just puppy love, either. Many pet owners treat theirfurry friends as part of the family. Sometimes they spice up their pets' liveswith entertaining videos and amusing toys. If they have an eye for fashion, petowners can dress their pets in stylish clothes. For special occasions, they canuse canine perfume to make their dogs smell, well, less beastly. You might sayAmericans treat their pets like they treat their children-sometimes evenbetter.
美國人很愛寵物,而且這不只是一種不成熟、短暫的愛。很多寵物的主人把這些毛茸茸的朋友當作家庭的一部分,有時候還為寵物準備娛樂用的錄像帶和玩具來增添牠們生活的樂趣,如果寵物的主人具有流行的眼光,還會讓他們的寵物穿上時髦的衣服,在特殊的場合裡,甚至為寵物噴上狗兒專用的香水,讓牠們味道好聞一點,減少一些動物身上的味道。你也可以說,美國人待他們的寵物如同待他們的孩子一樣--有時甚至更好。
InAmerica, there are more households with pets than those with children. At least43 percent of U.S. homes have pets of some sort. Exotic creatures, such asmonkeys, snakes and even wolves, find a home with some Americans. More commonpets include tropical fish, mice and birds. But the all-time favorites are catsand dogs, even at the White House. The Clintons' cat, Socks, has replaced theBushes' dog, Millie, as reigning First Pet. Americans sometimes have strongfeelings about whether dogs or cats make better pets. "Dog people"and "cat people" often enjoy friendly rivalries.
在美國,有寵物的家庭比有孩子的家庭還多。至少百分之四十三的美國家庭有寵物,有些美國家庭養一些外國品種的動物,例如猴子、蛇、甚至狼;比較常見的寵物有熱帶魚、老鼠、和鳥。不過,一直廣受歡迎的是貓和狗,連白宮也不例外。柯林頓總統的貓--襪子,已經取代了布什的狗--米利,成為神氣的「第一寵物」。美國人有時候很在乎到底最好的寵物是貓還是狗,“愛狗的人”和“愛貓的人”喜歡開玩笑地彼此爭辯。
Leadinga dog's life in America isn't such a bad thing. Many grocery stores sellgourmet pet foods to owners eager to please their pets. In Houston, Texas, dogscan have their dinner delivered to their homes, just like pizza. Well-to-docanines can attend doggy daycare centers while their owners work. Pets can evenaccompany their owners on vacation. Fancy hotels are beginning to accommodateboth man and beast. Furry guests at Four Seasons Hotels can enjoy gourmet mealsserved on fine china and sleep in soft beds.
在美國,狗所過的生活並不壞,很多雜貨店都賣有寵物美食,讓主人可以討好他們的寵物。在德州的休斯敦市,狗兒還能享用專程送到家的晚餐,就跟披薩一樣。家境富裕的狗兒在主人上班的時候可以去狗兒托育中心。寵物甚至可以和牠們的主人一同去度假,高級飯店已經開始可以同時留宿人和寵物,這些毛茸茸的客人在四季飯店可以享用以精緻瓷器盛裝的美食,並在柔軟的床上睡覺。
Beneaththe fluffy luxuries, there lies a basic American belief: Pets have a right tobe treated well. At least 75 animal welfare organizations exist in America.These provide care and adoption services for homeless and abused animals.Veterinarians can give animals an incredible level of medical careNfor anincredible price. To pay for the high-tech health care, people can buy healthinsurance for their pets. And when it's time to say good-bye, owners can burytheir pets in a respectable pet cemetery.
在舒適奢華的享受之下,其實存在著美國人的一種基本信念:寵物有受到妥善對待的權利。美國至少有七十五個動物福利組織,他們為流浪動物及被虐待動物提供照顧與領養的服務。獸醫能提供給動物極好的醫療照顧--價格也極昂貴,若為了負擔更先進的健康醫療照顧,人們可以為他們的寵物買健康保險。如果和寵物道別的時機到了,主人們可以為寵物買一塊體面的墓地。
Theaverage American enjoys having pets around, and for good reason. Researchershave discovered that interacting with animals lowers a person's blood pressure.Dogs can offer protection from burglars and unwelcome visitors. Cats can helprid the home of unwanted pests. Little creatures of all shapes and sizes canprovide companionship and love. In many cases, having a pet prepares a youngcouple for the responsibilities of parenthood. Pets even encourage socialrelationships: They give their owners an appearance of friendliness, and theyprovide a good topic of conversation.
美國人一般都喜歡有寵物為伴,這是有原因的。研究人員發現,與動物為伍能夠降低人的血壓。狗能防止小偷及不受歡迎的訪客。貓能幫忙清除家裡討人厭的害蟲和有害的小動物。任何種類及大小的小寵物都能帶給人們相伴與愛的感覺。很多時候,擁有一隻寵物能幫助年輕夫妻做為人父母責任的準備。寵物甚至有助於人際關係:它們使主人們看起來更友善,並且也帶給人們一個交談的好話題。
Petsare as basic to American culture as hot dogs or apple pie. To Americans, petsare not just property, but a part of the family. After all, pets are people,too.
寵物是美國文化中很基本的一部分,就如熱狗和蘋果派一樣。對美國人而言,寵物不僅僅是他們所擁有的一樣東西而已,它是家庭的一部分。畢竟,寵物也是“人”啊!。
大家可以多看看美劇,不僅僅包括《老友記》,還可以是《生活大爆炸》《絕望主婦》《IT狂人》等等,一邊看一邊進行整理或者結合以上整理的資料,慢慢的進行訓練學習,我相信你一定可以變得很好!
堅持就是順利!!!
第一季第十七集整理,加油!!!
2013-12-27